Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Angel

Birthdays are something I really make special for my kids. I try anyway, while they are still young. Eventually they become teenagers and want to have no part of it.
Being a cake decorator, my kids have lucked out with getting awesome cakes for the last couple years. Last year I made Bella a 4 foot tall Pinkalicious cake! I hand made most of her decorations. I really wanted it to be special for her.

She got her electric wheelchair last year on this very day. She was so excited. It was an amazing birthday for her. To see her so happy to be more independent, especially at her birthday party is a cherished moment. She waited such a long time for that day.
We were able to give that freedom and independence to a special little boy named Manny, by paying it forward and giving him her wheelchair. I know she is happy to know she could help another special child with that gift.

Today we celebrated her life. We had all the family over and we did what we do best...eat.
We wrote messages on balloons for her and released them for her to catch. We will continue to do this every year. I want Ava to always know that even though she is not physically here, she is always apart of us and always with us.

One thing Dennis and I have done since her first birthday was save her birthday banner and hang it up in her room. And it would be up all year long. It became a tradition and something we did special for her. I'll miss doing that this year, but maybe we'll start doing it with Ava and she can carry the tradition on for her.

Today has been difficult, but the one thing I just keep telling myself is....I'm glad I was able to be her mother. Regardless of how long. I'm glad she was mine....she is mine. She has given me so much in her little life. She gave me strength and she showed me to see the world in a different light. She showed me courage and perseverance. That bad things can happen in life, but great things can happen too. Great, beautiful things. She was a beautiful thing and I am so very glad she was given to me. I would not trade one day.

I am posting a video that I made. Unfortunately, it can't be viewed on mobile devices, so put your ipads down and go to your computer.

Happy Birthday Isabella Rose. I know you are celebrating it today in the arms of God. I bet it is amazing....

5 comments:

  1. How beautiful! We celebrate with balloon messages every birthday for manny too! And he is getting strong enough to start to enjoy the independence that comes from the chair!! Blessings to you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful lisa, I love u so much ima send a balloon for her today and finally meet my beautiful niece. Love u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I'm so sorry for you and your family's, loss. I admire the wisdom and strength you have shown in this blog. What a beautiful video. You are in my thoughts tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at these pictures through my tears I can't help but smile remembering how happy and loving she always was. I miss her so much. Thank you for making this video and sharing with those who love her. Happy Birthday Bella Rose!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful!!! She was so blessed to have you both as her parents. The Lord chooses our families : ) XO

    ReplyDelete